Thursday, March 12, 2015

Previous Capstones

I really like Caroline Mountford's Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System project.  I think it's awesome that a CSUMB student is doing something that big.  The website looks and feels professional and is something I want to learn how to do.  I can make websites now but I haven't spent enough time to try and create a real professional looking website.  
Another Capstone that I really liked was the one by Jevgenia Smorgun who is a Frameworks Developer at Apple Computer.  Another awesome success story by a CSUMB alumni.  The meetings she talks about seem to be SCRUM meetings.  I'm interested in working for a company so that I could be part of these meetings.  Sounds weird but I like the idea of sharing ideas, progress, and roadblocks.  One of the biggest lessons I got from Caroline is that it's not a good idea to try to be a jack of all trades.  Pick something and master it.  Work for a company that will allow to grow on what your good at, employers love masters.  We're all genius at something, we just have to find out what it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment