Thursday, March 12, 2015

Reflect time management

After reading the time management strategies I learned that it's useful to use blocks to close off big chunks of time for certain task or events.  I currently use this strategy in my calendar planner that I have on my phone.  I have my computer's calendar linked to my phone.  What I did was block off all the time I'm in classes and the description of all those classes.  I also have the study times blocked of along with my Friday Cohort Enrichment.  

Another thing that I read on the article that I already do is prioritize my assignments.  So that I don't fall behind I use the sticky notes application that I have on my Mac and post sticky notes with descriptions of the assignments that I need to complete or that I need to review.  The high priority assignments are the ones that I put on the sticky notes because they're the first thing I see when I open my laptop. 

I think I'm pretty good at identifying resources to help me.  I'm constantly getting help from the tutors.  I was derailed for a bit with the transition to CSUMB from Hartnell and I really took of advantage of the tutors time by meeting with them once a week in order to  catch up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment